Podcast 15 - Learn better public speaking, even without slides
To become a good public speaker, practice.
To become a great public speaker, practice more.
Here are my tips for you along the way:
- Decide on the impact and value you would like to make with the audience
- Instead of using slides, jot down a set of keywords or phrases that makes it likely for you to create that value
- Use your key words and concepts as Lego building blocks. Mold your presentation according to the responses from the audience
- Pay attention to the audience, listen, be interactive, be there for them
- Be interested rather than interesting
- Be transparent, be yourself - say what you feel, what you see, what you experience
Slides may help you in the beginning, and they may be useful later in presenting complex illustrations or data. But unless you are doing a set speach with no interaction with the audience, slides is more often a crutch, a burden. Like running with crutches, slides will limit your performance.
Link to this post: https://isene.org/2018/11/Podcast-PublicSpeaking.html
- Parents; Embrace your kid's gaming
- How to improve your life
- Religion and belief
- HyperList newsflash!
- Amar - experimenting with new combat and magic systems
- A visualization of the development of isene.org
- Screencast - The HyperList VIM plugin
- You're gonna die (a OnePageBook)
- Free will should remain free - structures should be structured
- Accept - Like - Enjoy